Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Run of the Season











Grandma Gwen put Kendrick on her season ski pass with her so that she could take him skiing on fridays. Kendrick has never been before so we weren't sure how it would go. To our surprise, he actually did really well. My sister-in-law Natalie and her son Tug also went up with Tug's Grandma Chris. The four of them had so much fun!!! Natalie, Stone, and I stayed in the lodge to take pictures and keep warm. It ended up being an all-dayer! I thank Gwen a million times for having the patience and giving my son the opportunity to do something that I have always wanted him to learn. I hope he loves it! It really was a full circle moment for me...my dad was an amazing skiier and he and his brothers patrolled at Beaver Mtn. for years. We were at the Beav every winter weekend growing up. So it was a moment I teared up and took it all in. Kendrick really made Grandpa Del proud!

8 comments:

A Erickson said...

What a sweet moment! How fun to learn a new skill and connect with your fam. Couldn't ask for more!

Amanda Laing said...

Linds! I need to call you! I hope you are feeling better, I think about you all the time!

Jacey said...

yay for lots of new posts! i miss you we all need to get together! i hope you being prego is going better! :( looks like you had a great christmas! miss yoU!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay Kendrick Summers!!!
Is that really you?? I am so happy that I found you! (I saw your comment on Mandy's blog and I was so excited) I think about you all the time and I need to be better at keeping in touch! Kendrick is so cute and growing up so fast... and I see that you have another one on the way!! That is fantastic! I hope your pregnancy is going well! I got a little teary eyed reading your post, I remember your dad and his love for skiing! We need to catch up, it has been WAY too long. (Although, I have been getting the scoop on your family through our shared hair stylist.) Feel free to check our blog anytime or drop me an email. Love you!

Julie
julebug44@yahoo.com

Shady Brady said...

That is awesome you guys started him this young and fun for grandma Gwen. What a great idea and fun memories to carry on. I sure wish Mike could still ski, we had a blast back in the day. Ask him about our ski trip up to the beave when we almost jump the guard rail into the river. ha ha that is one of the MANY FUNNY stories of Mike and somewhat wrecking the car. ha ha I still laugh my head off at all of them.

RoBiN said...

Hey Mike and Linds! I found your blog and it's soo fun to see what you've been up to! Kendrick is very hansome! Congrats on your pregnancy! Hopefully you haven't been too sick! I hope all is well! Check us out at http://cortandrobin.blogspot.com/
Robin

The Howell's said...

Grandpa Del would be so happy and proud, wouldn't he??!! Looks like he is having a blast, would love to see him tearing it up:)

Dan and Marsha said...

linds, i have been thinking of you, and thought I'm just going to call the summers in paradise to find her, so i am so glad you found my blog, we need to get together, and do girls night out, we've been trying to get rob, but our schedules never mix, but we go with me and meliss and cassie and her sisters and we try once a month, kendrick is so adorable wow, what a beautiful child, do you know what you are having yet with baby 2?